- Be sure that the jumps are not in our pack already! Means: watch our demos before you start making your own ones.
- The jumps must be well performed. Means: no plumming, screw-ups or any other irrelevant behaviour, like writing between the jumps.
- Correct filenames. Means: the packet "jumps_mapname.zip" and demos inside the packet "mapname_j#.dm2" where # stands for the number of the jump.
- No J-mod puppet jumping. Means: You can get to a million places through million different routes if you use J-mod's puppets, so there's no sense of providing that kind of demos here. Exception: When you can get to some place ONLY with help of a puppet (f.ex. bugs on some maps), then we can reconsider uploading it.
- The CW has to be special in some way. Means: We are NOT going to host all the normal newbie matches you've got out there. Action Gear staff reserves the right to decide what's special enough.
- How to?
- Open the demo packet with whatever archiving program you use (Winzip/Winrar/etc).
- Extract the contents of the .zip into your quake2's subdir action/demos. (Make sure it doesn't create a new subdir into the demos/!)
- Start your Q2 client and load AQ2 by typing set game action;map base1 to the console.
- You have two ways to start playing the demos:
* All Q2 clients have the command map, so type map demoname.dm2, where demoname is the name of the demo (f.ex. cloud_j1).
* The other way is nowadays supported by all other used clients, except the original 3.20. First type demolist and you will see a list of demonames indexed by ascending ID numbers. Look for the demo you wish to play and type demoplay ID, where ID is the ID number of the demo.
- If there's anything you wish to skip in the demo, use the command timescale. Typing timescale 2 results in the demo going on 2 times the normal speed. Remember that you can't rewind it, so don't overuse this.
- When you're on server and ready to record, type record purepwnage and the demo will show up in you action/demos folder with name purepwnage.dm2. When your demo is done, just type stop. Simple as that.
- Some more advanced clients - such as AprQ2 and NoCheat - have automatic recording function. Take a look at our Q2 clients-section to get more info about them.